Friday 3 April 2009

Frederik & Mary @ Naval Officers' Society 150th anniversary

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary have attended a reception to mark the 150th anniversary of the Naval Officers' Society at the old Naval Hospital (Søkvæsthuset) at Christianshavn yesterday afternoon. The Naval Officers' Society was founded in 1859 as a social club for naval officers and April 2nd is the foundation day. It has had numerous homes in its 150 years but has been at its current site since 1942. Apart from clearly seeing spring has sprung in Denmark, keen jewellery spotters will note Mary is wearing the sapphire broach which belonged to Queen Ingrid, and was first worn by Mary at Christian's christening.



Photos © Jesper Sunesen/Billed Bladet

Billed Bladet 'Mary i strålende forårshumør' - Mary declares spring has arrived by wearing short sleeves (see also the photo gallery)
TV2 article 'Kronprinsparret fejrede søofficerer' - Frederik and Mary cast some gloss on the 150th anniversary of the Naval Officers' Society

Billed Bladet gallery
MSN Starlounge gallery

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger I Love Life said...

Hi: I am from Canada: I very much enjoy your site. I check it out every day. Tomorrow, April
5th, Federik is going to Odense to open a dispaly. I am not sure of the exact name of the society. I think it is something like "The old photo society" Could you display some pictures from the visit and the Luncheon that will take place. And any info you find. Thank you very much.

6:41 am  
Anonymous Natasha said...

Mary is looking way too thin lately, don't you think?

1:23 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've noticed that about Mary in the past. She's so tiny, but I think most of it is natural. I know there's a lot of pressure to keep up appearances, but I hope that she doesn't do anything extreme to stay small.

12:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home